& Order Pick-Up Hours:
Mon, Wed, Fri 10 AM - 5 PM
Tue, Thu 10 AM - 6 PM
Saturday 10 AM - 4 PM
Sunday Noon - 4 PM
Online ordering is available 24/7
Curbside / in-store pick-up & shipping are available
Featured Class of the Week
Beginning Quiltmaking: Weekend Sessions
January 21, 28 & February 4 11:00am - 4:00pm
🪡💙 Learn to quilt in this weekend class! If you've always wanted to try a beginning quilting class but couldn't swing it due to scheduling conflicts, now you can with our weekend sessions! For three Sundays, Cheryl will teach you every step of the quilt-making process: fabric selection, cutting, piecing, pressing, borders, basting, quilting, trimming, and binding. Designed for beginning sewists, you'll be ready to make any number of quilt projects after taking this class. There's nothing like a handmade quilt - now you can make your own! January 21, 28 & February 4, from 11:00am-4:00pm. Register here
Sewing Machine Service
Our service technician, Ginny, is accepting machines for service. We take all JUKI sewing machines and sergers, and any machines of other brands that are beyond the manufacturer's warranty. Bring your machine to the shop for service; the current wait time is within 30 days. Service times may increase if repairs and/or replacement parts are needed. Email Ginny at email@example.com if you have questions and visit our service page.
Blue Bar Quilts JUKI ClubHosted by Trisha Urben
Purchase a JUKI machine from Blue Bar Quilts and gain exclusive access to the Blue Bar Quilts JUKI Club! All future meetings will be posted in our private Facebook group.
If you have purchased a JUKI machine at the shop, visit our Blue Bar Quilts Facebook page and like and follow. Direct message us and we will then invite you to join the group where we will share JUKI news, tips & tricks, and answer your JUKI machine questions. Members are encouraged to share their own JUKI makes, news, and knowledge! For non-Facebook users, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our contact list so you can get notifications and news via email.
Direct to Fabric Digital Printing
Email your high-resolution photo, image, or text files (JPG, PNG, TIFF, PDF & DOCX are the best usable file extensions) ahead of time with the subject line “digital prints” to email@example.com and include your name and phone number. We cannot print copyrighted images or artwork that does not belong to you.
- The price per print is $8.99
- The maximum image printout size is 11.7” x 8.3” and your image can likely be increased to fit this dimension. If there is a chance of distortion with a size increase we will print the file as it was received. If your print needs to be a specific, precise dimension you must provide the file as you would like it printed.
- Images will be printed on a 12”x 14” piece of PFD (prepared for dyeing) white quilting cotton.
- Please allow up to a week for the fulfillment of your order of 3 prints or less, an order of more than 3 prints could take longer.
Sharpening Services from 5th Dimension are now available weekly at Blue Bar Quilts.
- Drop off your scissors (or knives) at the shop by Monday and they will be returned the following Monday.
- Fill out a form providing your contact information; name, email address & phone number.
- No limit on how many items to be sharpened, bring as many as you would like.
- You will know your sharpened items are ready to be picked up once you receive an e-invoice from 5th Dimension for service.
- Any questions regarding sharpening services & invoicing should be made directly to Chessie of 5th Dimension: 5thDimensionknives@gmail.com or (608) 554-4203.
- Any blades that cannot be repaired will be returned with explanation and without a charge.
- Scissors & Pinking Shears - $15 each regardless of length
- Knives - $1.50 per inch
Rent our Classroom!
Rent our Classroom for a sew day, event or gathering!
Rental charge is $25 per hour; please check our online calendar for availability - if nothing is scheduled for that day the classroom is available, please email Gael at firstname.lastname@example.org to request. Limited evening hours available.
Amenities include: irons, ironing boards, cutting mats & basic acrylic rulers, twelve 6’ tables, 20 rolling office chairs, 75” smart TV, 100” square quilt design wall.
What is the Challenge?
An annual quilt contest that asks the question:
What can you create with a limited color palette and a limited size?
This is our ninth year, and we hope this theme and color inspires you! The quilts are juried into three Traveling Exhibits which travel for over a year.
What are the rules?
- Use only the 8 colors of fabric provided in the bundle from Cherrywood to design a unique art quilt
- Must be 20-inches square
- Use any technique
- The only other colors added must be by using thread, paint, ink, pencils, beads, or other embellishments
- A $30 Entry Fee is collected upon submission of finished entry
What is included?
- Eight colors representing the Red Poppy flower
- Complete Rules
- Sample of Mistyfuse Zips from our Sponsor!
- One spool of black Aurifil thread from our Sponsor!
- Collectible Poppy Sticker!
When is it due?
May 15, 2024
1:00 pm Central Time
Finished quilts must be photographed and uploaded to the Cherrywood Fabrics website. Don't wait until the last moment!
$30.00 ENTRY FEE collected at that time
Get your bundle here
Your Full Service Quilt Shop
From custom kits for any pattern (yours or ours!), to sourcing and ordering specialty notions and tools, to cutting fat quarters at your request, we're your full-service quilt shop!
An Aviary of Affection
I was honored and surprised to receive this amazing quilt and pillow, made by members of the Blue Bar community. Titled "An Aviary of Affection", it couldn't have been a more perfect gift for me, full of birds and incredible collaborative artistry, two of my favorite things. I thank the makers for this quilt, but most of all for sustaining and nurturing the community that they have built in and around Blue Bar. My love to you all! 💙💛❤️
Blue Bar Quilts is a Modern Quilting Community located in Middleton, Wisconsin.
Our focus is on modern quilters and makers and the fabrics they love. We stock designer fabric collections and fabric basics from Andover Fabrics, Art Gallery Fabrics, Blank Quilting, Camelot, Clothworks, Dashwood Studio, Free Spirit, Island Batik, Michael Miller, Moda Fabrics, M&S Textiles, P&B Fabrics, Robert Kaufman, Ruby Star Society, Stof Fabrics, Studio E, Windham Fabrics, and more.
We are a JUKI QVP dealer and stock a full line of JUKI sewing machines, sergers and long arm quilting machines, the Tajima Sai embroidery machine, and the Ricoh Ri 100 direct to fabric digital printer. Come into the shop to see our selection or call to schedule a demo.
Our quilt shop offers classes in quilting and sewing projects and techniques, both hand sewing and sewing machine and often including other fiber arts crafts and surface design techniques. Our shop takes pride in featuring local Wisconsin pattern designers. Some of our favorites are Abby Maed, JD’s Custom Quilts, Purple Pineapple Studio, Sew Hungry Hippie, Studio R Quilts, and Wefty.
We believe in giving back to our community through service. Our shop is home to the Days for Girls Middleton Team which meets for a workday in our classroom on the second Tuesday of every month from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Days for Girls is an organization that makes and distributes reusable menstrual kits to girls and women all over the world. Blue Bar Quilts is also a Project Linus donation drop-off location for finished quilts and blankets.
Two Madison-area guilds meet at our shop, Madison Modern Quilt Guild and Madison Contemporary Fiber Artists. For more information on these groups please visit their websites or social media profiles.
Blue Bar Quilts is a welcoming Modern Quilting Community – We invite anyone with an interest in quilting, sewing, and creating to join us!
A note from Gael:
We are so thankful for your continued business. This international health crisis is going to be a rough patch for so many small businesses and that worries me for all of us in that boat. On the other hand, it has heartened me to see how local communities have rallied in support of their friends and neighbors. May we all remain united in the face of adversity and come through this healthy and happy.