STUDENT SUPPLY LIST:
White PFD (prepared for dyeing) cotton (available for sale at Blue Bar Quilts)
- PFD fabric comes from the supplier without a finish, starch or other extras that most fabric has
- you will need 4-1/2 yards to do each of the techniques that will be taught in class. There will be time at the end of class to dye additional fabric, so you may want to bring another couple of yards.
Please cut the 4-1/2 yards into (14) fat quarters and (2) 1/2-yard pieces before class.
Plastic containers with sealable lids
- These are the containers we will use for dyeing and you will be taking some of your fabric home, still in dye, in these containers.
- 6 containers approximately 25 - 30 ounces
- 22 ounce cottage cheese or yogurt containers work well
- ZipLoc or other brand containers
- Farm & Fleet has Arrow Plastic Stor-Keeper Freezer Storage Containers (some hardware stores carry these as well)
- 2 containers 1 or 2 quart size
- Ice cream containers are an option for these
- The Arrow Plastic Stor-Keeper containers also come in 1/2 gallon size
- Bring additional similar sized containers if you bring extra fabric to dye
Buckets - 2 - 4 (depending on size) to carry home the above containers (which will have liquid dye and fabric in them)
Safety pins (approx 1 dozen)
Snug fitting gloves (available for sale at Blue Bar Quilts)
Optional - A piece of white or light colored fabric about hand towel or fat quarter size. This will be used as a wipe up cloth and sometime turns out to be one of my favorite pieces of a dye session.