*Kits with four muslin & batting sandwiches are available for sale at the shop
- Fabric: 2 yards muslin or solid white*
- Batting: Low loft cotton or cotton blend, 4 pieces at least 18"- 20" square*
- Thread: Good quality thread (Aurifil, Mettler, or King Tut recommended) in a color slightly darker than your fabric
- Sewing machine in good working order, with manual
- Typical sewing supplies (seam ripper, etc.)
- Extension table, if you have one
- Walking foot
- Free motion/darning foot
- Sewing machine needles: Schmetz quilting size 75/11 or 90/14 recommended
- Blue wash-out marker or other marking tool
- Pen/pencil and paper
- Quilting gloves (Machingers recommended)
Recommended book: Free-Motion Quilting Idea Book by Amanda Murphy
Sample is on Kona white with Quilters Dream cotton batting in Select weight
Before class, please do the following:
- Cut fabric into 8 fat quarters by first cutting four 18" pieces the width of the fabric, then cutting on the fold.
- Sandwich each of the batting pieces between two pieces of fabric. You can pin or spray baste if you wish, but you don’t have to – the friction will be enough to keep them together and these are just for practice.
- Wind a couple of bobbins of thread.