Learn every step of the quilt-making process in this class designed for beginning sewists. You will learn fabric selection, cutting, piecing, pressing, borders, basting, quilting, trimming, and binding. After taking this class you'll be ready to make any number of quilt projects. There's nothing like a handmade quilt - now you can make your own!
**There is a 1-hour lunch break built into the class sessions, please plan to bring a lunch, order in, or step out to a local eatery**
We will select fabrics and go over the other supplies and start cutting in the first class. Please bring your sewing machine to all sessions.
- Sewing machine in good working order
- 1/4" Patchwork presser foot for your machine model (alternative: masking or washi tape)
- Schmetz quilting sewing machine needles size 75/11
- Rotary cutter
- Rotary cutting mat 18 x 24 or larger
- Rotary cutting ruler: 6 ½ x 24 ½
- Rotary cutting ruler: 9 ½ x 9 ½ or larger (larger is better)
- Thread for piecing (neutral)
- Straight pins
- Seam ripper
- *Walking foot for your brand of sewing machine
- *Thread for quilting (coordinating color)
- *505 temporary adhesive basting spray OR at least 100 curved basting safety pins
- *Thread to coordinate with your binding fabric
- *Hand-sewing needle
*These items are not needed until the last class. We will discuss the differences in types of batting, etc. in the prior sessions.