In class, you will learn to create five different star blocks. All blocks will
measure 12” square and at the end of class can be used to make a table runner.
The blocks for this class include:
Sawtooth Star, Friendship Star, Ohio Star, Air Castle, and Judy’s Star
Please Bring the following supplies:
• Sewing machine, in good working order
• 1⁄4” presser foot, if available
• Thread for piecing, neutral color
• Small cutting mat, minimum 12” on each side
• Rotary cutter, with a fresh blade
• Acrylic ruler (6” x 6”, 6” x 12”, and 6” x 24”)
• Pencil or other fabric marking tool
• Sewing basics – pins, scissors, seam ripper, extra needles, etc.
• Iron/pressing tool and pressing board/pad
Rebecca Lidstrom is the founder and creative force behind Studio R Quilts. She is an enthusiastic quilter, designer, and instructor. Rebecca made her first quilt in 2004 and immediately fell in love with all things quilting.
A simple design aesthetic combined with color, texture, and traditional quilt blocks are what defines Rebecca's patterns. She takes the intimidation factor out of the quilt-making process and believes regardless of skill level, anyone can make a quilt.
Helping others discover and enjoy quilting is a passion for Rebecca. She is excited to be part of the wonderful quilting community and share her knowledge with others. Rebecca is a member of the Madison Modern Quilt Guild and Mad City Quilt Guild.
Rebecca is excited to be designing her own line of quilt patterns and sharing them with the quilting community. She creates from her studio in Madison, WI.